This is our step-by-step website procedure. A thorough and detailed look at how your website will be briefed, planned, designed and built by the ALLGOOD team. A standard website will take between 12- 16 weeks to complete, any delays in client supplied information will extend this timeframe.
We require one week after signoff for the ‘go live’ process of your website.
- Understand your objectives for a new website
- What you want to achieve and the vision for the site
- Who you’re targeting and what you want people to do
- Understand any existing content and things to migrate to new site
- Understand all current assets – brand, copy, video and downloads
- Create a basic sitemap for quoting purposes
URL & HOSTING
- Current website URLs and where they’ve been purchased
- What hosting you have in place
- Gaining access to all the relevant login information for URL and Hosting
- Suggestions on new hosting and moving across if needed
- Whether you have an SSL certificate already in place
- Any other current technical features you have such as security, backups, SEO and CDN.
PLEASE NOTE WE DON’T SUPPORT EMAIL HOSTING ISSUES
- Audit on your social media channels that will need integrating
- Understand your Google status – for website analytics, youtube channel and webmaster tools
- Find out about email newsletter integration
- Understand payment gateways if ecommerce
There will be extra costs itemised for supporting the following elements from your brief:
- URL and Hosting support
- Setting up new hosting packages
- Ecommerce integration
- Email newsletter integration
- Migration and changing DNS
- Google account support
- We require all login details for your URL and hosting accounts
- We require all login details for your integrations, such as Google and Mailchimp
- We require details of all your social channels
- We’ll then setup a test website server for viewing the project as it progresses
- Current logo(s) and brand manual (if we haven’t done the brand already)
- Image library
- Accreditation logos
- Client logos
- Content already written
- Briefing on content
- Stage 1 writing of content
- Stage 2 writing of content
- Finalise all copy
- Design stage 1 of the website homepage
- Design stage 2 of the rest of the site
- Amend and tweak designs
- Finalise design style
- Full build of the homepage
- Full build of the others pages in the sitemap
- Integration of all extra services
- Testing of contact forms and signups
- Testing of user journey and actions
- Testing of all downloads, videos, click throughs and external links
- Testing of responsive build across all devices
- Full signoff on the build of the site
- Final tests of the website
- Swap over all test email addresses to client emails
- Integrate Google Analytics
- Remove any existing website builds
- Migrate website to live server
- Change all DNS tags
- Further tests after migration
- Setup 301 redirects if needed
- Check integration of Google Analytics
- Setup webmaster tools properly and crawl the website
- Client to take over SEO and writing all headers, descriptions and alt tags
This enables easy reinstalling of the website in case of any problems.
We’ll take a full backup on the go live date, so you’ll always have a copy in case of major problems.
One of the key things to do is keep WordPress and your plugins up-to-date, we’ll install a plugin to help do this called Easy Updates Manager, but you need to constantly review this.
WordPress is notorious for being hacked. We’ll install Wordfence, but it needs properly configuring by security experts. It’s a specialist area that ALLGOOD don’t get involved in.
We can’t be held responsible for any hacking of the website after go live date.
ALLGOOD ate always here for design changes and advice on your website, but a technical maintenance package will need to be provided by a third-party.